Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Fun Day In Farmville

Yesterday, I was able to spend a whole day in the small city of Farmville with my friend Meredith! Our main objective for going was to purchase some fabric for our quilts that we are going to start. After seeing the sampler quilt that Sarah had made, we were each inspired to make one for our hope chests! After we had browsed the fabric area for several hours, Meredith and I were able to put together some pretty colors and patterns for our new project. She went with different shades of blues and yellows, and I chose shades of pinks and greens.

After purchasing our fabric, we decided that we would cruise the quaint little town for a while. She and I found a wonderful little cafe to have lunch at, went looking around in the various shops, and grabbed smoothies for our walk back to the car. It was definitely a fun day to remember, and I can't wait to start sewing! ~Alli


Remember to leave a comment on the post below before Thursday for the pin cushion drawing! It's okay if you don't leave a cleaning tip. Just put your name in the hat. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I love y'all's cloth! I know you'll both have a lot of fun working on your quilts - I sure did. :)

Anonymous said...

Allie ~ I know what you mean by "hours looking for fabric!" It takes us hours to browse and get the exact right colors when we shop for quilt fabric - but isn't it fun? I know you will both make beautiful quilts.