Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas 2007

The Trents are back online from our holiday break! We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas spent with family and friends. We had a wonderful holiday, and we are still stuffed full from all of those Christmas goodies! On Christmas Eve, Nan, Bernie, Aunt Rhonda, Uncle Tony, and cousins Sarah, Jack, and Emily came out to our house for a Christmas Eve dinner.
Here we are waiting for everyone to arrive.

Once everyone had arrived, the festivities began. Punch was served, snacks were snacked on, and everyone just had a great time!
On the menu: Oysters Rockefeller, Aunt's lasagna, salad, and rolls. You have not lived until you have tried Oysters Rockefeller. I myself am not a big fan of oysters cooked by themselves, but I could eat my weight in these (as a matter of fact, I think I did!). Here, the tin foil cups are ready to be filled with oysters, a horseradish/spinach mixture, topped with breadcrumbs, cheese, and bacon. Nan is the best Rockefeller maker! I'm trying to learn the recipe so I can pass it on like she has to us!

While dinner was cooking, Emily enjoyed the little snowy village.


Ever since we had purchased our spinning tree, we have begun a new Christmas tradition with the kids. Before our Christmas Eve get-together, Mom buys little toys and candy and fills a little bag for each kid with their names on them. She hides them in the tree, and when they come over, they each take turns finding their gift bag. In this picture, Mom is playing "one potato, two potato, three potato, four..." with Sarah, Jack, Emily, and Eric to see who gets to find theirs first. They couldn't wait for after dinner to find their bags, so the grown ups gave them the "Ok". :)



Trays and trays of oysters kept coming one after another! I ate 12 oysters! Can you believe it? Once you start, there's NO stopping!

After dinner, there was a flurry of presents being opened! Amidst all of the excitement, Bud-lo found a spot to rest right in the middle of the action. We had a wonderful time!

On Christmas Day, we woke up at 6am to open presents. I was going to take pictures, but it was too early! We had our traditional breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, and orange juice for breakfast.

Later that afternoon, we headed on over to Granny and Papa's house for Christmas dinner. I forgot my camera! The smells of roast and hash brown casserole welcomed us when we got there, and I was put in charge of making sauteed broccoli and rolls. After we had all stuffed ourselves full once more, we exchanged gifts. Afterward, Granny had us all play the Christmas gift exchange game with gag gifts that she had bought! I was stuck with a rooster alarm clock that crows rather loudly! Eric won huge dog slippers where you stick your foot through the dog's mouth, Philip won a singing squirrel, Mom was stuck with blinking reindeer antlers and fake teeth :), and Dad won a shirt with a funny saying on it. It was very interesting!

All in all we had a fabulous Christmas! I can't believe it has already passed and tomorrow begins the New Year! Are y'all staying up? I didn't make it last year but I am going to try harder! Tonight we are having snacks and are going to play some board games while we wait for the ball to drop. Have a great night everyone, and we'll see you next year! :) ~Alli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a good Christmas together! About the oysters, I like to try new things, but I'm not too much into seafood!