Monday, August 20, 2007

More Sewing?

Yes, there is another sewing project in the works! Last week in Wal*Mart (our home away from home), Mom and I spotted this very simple-looking pattern for a basic draw-string skirt. I had always a basic pattern with which I could make many skirts that would go with everything and anything. I thought I would give this one a try!
I made the A pattern (the blue and white stripped) and was surprised at just how simple it was to make! I didn't even have to call my grandma for sewing help this time (and I usually need a lot with patterns!) . :) I would really recommend this pattern for anyone who just wants a basic but stylish skirt. If I can make it...anyone can! Another great thing about this pattern is that you only need 2 1/8 yards of fabric. Therefore, it's not awfully expensive to make!

I have already made two skirts...one for myself and one for Mom. Since I enjoyed making them so much, Mom took me to Hanncock Fabrics today to pick out some fabric for two more skirts. I think the fabric we chose looks very much like Fall. :) Anyway, I can't wait to make them! I'm going to go and wash my fabric now! Stay tuned for pictures. :) ~Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are very pretty fall fabrics! How much was each yard?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mere! The cream flowery one was I think $5 a yard, and the other one was 30% off of $8. Not as cheap as Wal Mart but they have such pretty fabric! :) ~Alli