Monday, July 9, 2007

Black Bean Chowder

Ever since last Tuesday, I have been feeling a little "under the weather" with a tremendous craving for soup. :) Mom's homemade chicken and rice soup is always an automatic comforting food to me when I'm sick so I have been eating that all week! Along with chicken soup, I have also been craving another one of our favorites for lunch today : Black Bean Chowder.

We found this great recipe a few weeks ago from the Girotti's blog. It is absolutely fantastic and requires very little prep work. This recipe to us has a little Mexican feel to it with seasonings of cumin and chili powder. We doubled the ingredients this time so that we will be able to eat it for dinner tonight and have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. We have this meal very often in our house because it's so cheap, fast, and easy make! Please check out the recipe found here on the Girotti's blog...you will love it! ~Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alli ~ glad you enjoyed the recipe. It is a real keeper for our family. I LOVE it! Sorry you're feeling under the weather! Hope you're better soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mrs. G.!