Monday, April 16, 2007

April Birthday Party!

(pictured left to right are Eric, Jack, me and Emily, Sarah, and Philip)

Yesterday after church, our family went over to our Nan's (grandma's) house for an April birthday party. Since so many of the grandkid's birthdays are all around the same time, we thought it would be fun to have one big celebration (Eric, Jack, Emily, and I all have April b-days). The evening consisted of laughter, present opening, candle blowing, and a wonderful cookout. It was so much fun to be able to watch all of the kids open their gifts with all of the excitement! Don't get me wrong, I was excited too :).


Here I am with my Nan. She has been a constant encouragement to me all throughout my life. I think I have inherited her love for cooking and I'm hoping that one day I will become a true expert like she is. After dinner, we were able to spend some time chatting about new recipes, and I helped her plan some freezer meals.

Thanks Nan and Bernie for the wonderful time yesterday!

~Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time too. Next birthday is you Phil...We're always up for a good party..Love you guys...
Aunt

Anonymous said...

You are teaching me....it was a great day and I have to say looking around me I was reminded of how much God loves me. After all, look at all of the wonderful grandchildren that he blessed me with. Thanks so much for the help that you are giving me. I love you.