Tuesday, January 8, 2008

From Trash To Treasure...

Yesterday when Mom and I went to the Pregnancy Center, we stumbled across a goodie that was laying in a trash pile in front of our storage units.
Here it is! :) Yes, it looks like a total piece of junk! There were chips, scratches, spiders, and stains all over this thing, but I had something in mind for this desk. :) Mom and I hauled it into the van, spiders and all, and took it home. Some very strong cleaner and many paper towels later...
A new sewing table! I am so excited! Before, I had my sewing supplies on my hope chest, and my knees kept knocking up against it when I tried to sew. I had always wanted a little sewing area! Sure the drawers get stuck sometimes but that's okay. :) The insides of the drawers were stained really badly so I scrubbed them and cut out some drawer liners from scrap fabric.
I'm ready for some sewing! I already have some projects lined up that I'm working on and need to finish soon. :) Maybe I'll post them when I finish! ~Alli

6 comments:

Lauren Christine said...

How pretty!! I miss my old sewing desk... sigh :)

Anonymous said...

That was a bargain! I know how you must have felt with your knees against the hope chest--I do have a table in our schoolroom to sew on, but when I was doing a secret project for Christmas, I had to sew on my hope chest in my room! Not a very comfortable postion. :)

You have your desk and drawers set up so cutely!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Alli, Good eye...
many good years of use still left in her..
I love a good trash to treasure..Remember who walked you around the house..

love
Aunt

The Trent Family said...

Lauren Christine: Thank you so much! A sewing table really makes things easier. :)

Hannah: Thank you so much! Yes, the hopechest thing does not work very well. :) The surprise quilt you made is beautiful!

Aunt: Thanks Aunt! Yes, I think I do get my thriftiness from you! Haha!

~Alli

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, that definitely needed salvaging!!! :) Looks like it'll be great for sewing!

Morgan

The Trent Family said...

Hi Morgan! Yes, I'm definitely going to be putting that thing to good use! :) ~Alli