Friday, September 21, 2007

Whistle While You Work!

Yesterday we had a real treat! Nan, Aunt Rhonda, and little cousin Emily came out to our house for a sewing project! Aunt had to prepare a craft for her Brownie troop and she needed the help of some reinforcements and more sewing machines ! We made little denim cushions for the Brownies to sit on and carry with them for hiking and such.
We had an industrious assembly line going! Mom was the photographer. :)

Here's Nan sewing away! We had the hardest time with that stubborn machine. It is a really old one that I had yet to use. Nan adjusted a few things and now it runs a smoothly as silk!

Here I am trying not to sew my fingers together. :)


Almost finished!

Here Aunt is stuffing a pair to see what the finished product is going to look like.


Well done ladies! Sixteen cushions were sewn yesterday. We were even able to make an extra one for Emily to enjoy. I hope the girls can get some good use out of them! Thanks Nan, Aunt, and Ems for coming out! We loved it! ~Alli

3 comments:

Meredith Ivy said...

What a neat opportunity to spend time as grandmother/mothers/daughters! I wish my grandmother and aunt lived nearby... :)

Anonymous said...

I'M SURE ALMA WAS LOOKING. FOR SURE WHEN THE ADJUSTMENTS WERE GOING ON.GOOD JOB LADIES.
papa

Anonymous said...

It was a great day, except for the broken sewing machine needles. The troop loved the result. Made it all worthwhile. Alma (Mom)is always just over my shoulder. Love to all, Nan