Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Eggs in a Basket

We have been noticing some commotion on the front deck for a couple of days. The cats have brought it to our attention. They have been very interested in one of our ferns so upon closer inspection....Eggs!!!

They belong to a pair of purple finches. The eggs are about the size of a dime. Yesterday morning there were only two and this morning there are three.

The only problem is how to keep the kitties away! They like to sit on the rail directly under the fern. It's going to drive me crazy :) ~Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I know what you mean! We have a bird's nest in the corner of our side porch...on Monday evening we looked out the window because I'm always hearing them chirping. And of course I'm always going to check on them. What do we see?!! A black snake is on the porch and attempting to crawl up the brick to the little birdie's nest. The guys quickly went to get a hoe and shovel...only to make the snake slither under the porch instead of killing it.

But...before they did anything I rushed to get my camera to take a picture, although I was afraid to get very close. So far, birdies are still alive and no sign of the snake. But I look around before I go out on the porch these days!!