Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Sewing We Will Go!

Alright! My friend Meredith and I have officially started sewing on our new quilting project! On Friday, we completed lessons one and two of our quilting book, which took us quite a few hours to finish. :) First, we cut out the many strips that are going to be used for the inward borders in our quilt and also the outward border. After that, she and I broke out the sewing machines and pieced together our first block, the "rail fence". We are both really happy with the way our first squares turned out!
We decided to work on the next lesson on our own over the weekend. In this lesson, we had to make the "double nine patch" square. Pay no mind to the crooked squares and stray strings...I am still learning. :) I can't wait to see Meredith's when we meet up again for the next lesson. I'm sure it turned out beautifully with those colors! I can't wait to start our next lesson during the upcoming week! Thanks again Sarah for getting us hooked on this quilt. It is so much fun! ~Alli

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blocks look so nice Alli! I loved making the Rail Fence one - especially after cutting ALL those long strips. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sarah! Didn't those strips take forever to cut? Meredith and I thought we would never finish! Have you finished your quilt completely yet? I LOVE the colors you picked! Where did you go for your fabric?

Anonymous said...

I only have 4 more blocks left to quilt, then the borders. The last thing is the binding. So the end is in sight! :)
I got my fabric at in Dayton. Very nice shop, but a little on the expensive side. It's best to shop there while they have a sale. :)