Friday, April 27, 2007

The Surprise is Revealed!

Thank you Meredith, Sarah, Hannah, Aunt, and Nan for the lovely Happy Birthdays! I had a great 21st birthday, besides the getting old part. :) I woke up that morning without any clue to where Mom, my aunt, and my cousin were taking me that day (my poor family was getting tired of me playing the guessing game and asking for clues. ). Anyway, they were taking me to get a make-over at a local salon. I had always wanted to have my colors matched because I would like to have my make-up look more natural :) It was a real treat to have it applied by someone else! When we arrived at the salon, the make-up lady said my skin was too dry so she took me to their spa room to have a chemical peel. O boy was this a new experience for me! I was a little afraid with the words "chemical" and "peel" in the same name. After applying many layers of goop on my face, I felt like a new person!Here I am after the make-over, and boy did it feel nice! My aunt was the blog photographer (thanks Aunt). She and mom also had their foundation colors matched, and they looked fabulous! As a treat, Mom and Dad bought me some of their make-up for my birthday. After the make-up extravaganza, we set out to one of my favorite Chinese restaurants for lunch. Here I am with Aunt and my precious cousin Emily. Mom and Aunt humiliated me (thankfully there was hardly anyone in the restaurant) by having our waiter sing happy birthday to me. Actually, he sang "Hassy Birsday tu you!" It was so fun! He brought me my favorite dessert, cheesecake!Here, Emily is helping me blow out my candle! She was such a great helper! Thanks Ems! After eating way too much, we left for home and ended the day with one of my favorite meals. Mom fixed stuffed salmon, rice, and green beans for dinner. My birthday cake was made by friends of ours from church and they did a beautiful job decorating it! It didn't last very long after "Happy Birthday" was sung with this crew. :) All in all, I had a great 21st birthday! Even though I'm not a big fan of surprises, I enjoyed every moment of our outing and the special time I was able to spend with family. Thanks again everyone! ~Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your makeup is lovely. You could be a model... love Nan

Anonymous said...

Shout out to you Al, Ems and I had a great time too...I'm glad I live close enough now to do fun things with ya..Wouldn't have missed it..
love,
Aunt