Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sewing Disaster!

Yesterday, after we went thrifting, Mom spotted this lovely sewing book on the shelf. It is full of fun little projects such as handbags, quilts, lampshades, pillowcases, etc... along with the instructions showing you how to make them. The book itself is so pretty inside with the many different bright colors and pictures.






After flipping the pages, I saw these cute little slippers and thought I would give 'em a try! I decided to use cotton material instead of going out and buying terry cloth for this attempt. I wanted to be safe...just in case I messed up (which was very likely with a new pattern :)). I cut out the fabric and started sewing! This is what I ended up with...


Here it is! The only problem is... it barely fits over my big toe! :) I have a feeling I'm going to be giving this pattern a tad bit more practice before I can have a new pair of slippers that actually fit... ~Alli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I guess the sizing is for the feet of French women? ;)

The book has wonderful projects, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I guess so! Yes, I really love the handbags also. Maybe I'll give those a try after my shoe experiment. :)